Things to Remember for Your Google Professional Data Engineer (GCP-PDE) Certification
With Google Cloud Data Engineer GCP-PDE certification, you can show the world that you are an expert in developing data-driven solutions using Google Cloud as companies collect data loads. The requirement for skilled professionals who can make data solutions in the cloud is growing. And there is no better way to show that you have the skills than having the GCP-PDE certificate in your hands.
What Is the GCP Professional Data Engineer GCP-PDE Certification?
Google has created a track for IT professionals to certify as a data engineer on the GCP platform. This GCP-PDE certification program provides Google cloud professionals a way to show their skills. The assessment is based on an actual exam using the industry-standard methodology to determine whether a candidate meets Google’s proficiency standards.
According to Google, a Google Certified Professional - Data Engineer enables data-driven decision-making by collecting, transforming, and visualizing data. The Data Engineer designs, builds, maintains, and troubleshoots data processing systems, emphasizing the security, reliability, fault-tolerance, scalability, fidelity, and efficiency of such systems.
Candidates who achieve the GCP Data Engineer certification will gain confidence in their ability, understanding, and proficiency with the GCP environment. In the competitive cloud marketplace, certificates will be a differentiator and position individuals ahead of the game.
The data engineering certification is intermediate-level; it is expected that candidates have related experience in this field to pass the examination.
GCP-PDE Exam Details
Google Professional Data Engineer Certification exam comprises 15 questions which are multiple select and multiple choice. You will be given 2 hours to perform the test and score 70% to get through the exam. Further, the exam is valid for two years and is available in English, Japanese, Spanish, and Portuguese. Above all, the exam costs USD 200.
Google Professional Data Engineer Certification Preparation
Skills are not all when it gets to preparing for the Google Cloud Certification. There are various technologies and services that you need to master to pass this GCP-PDE certification.
For GCP Data Engineer Certification preparation, you should:
- Acquire all the required skills to become a Cloud Data Engineer
- Learn in-depth about the fundamentals of Google Cloud
- Get expert knowledge in numerous GCP services and products.
- Get hands-on experience in projects using the acquired skills.
Expert Tips to be Followed during Google Professional Data Engineer (GCP-PDE) Certification Preparation
The exam is such that you cannot study in one night. You have to dedicate your time to the preparation to get the basic ideas of the syllabus.
Subsequent are a few expert tips that you should follow during the Google Professional Data Engineer certification exam preparation.
- You have to get the case studies provided by Google.
- Review the exam guide on the official certification page to learn how the exam will be conducted and the types of questions in the exam.
- GCP exams are conducted to ascertain whether the candidate is passing the minimum standard or not. The exams are not judged based on ability but are evaluated on experience.
- Google cloud exams can be taken at various centers across the world. You have to register yourself through the online registration process and proceed to take the exam.
- You can also try the Google Professional Data Engineer certification practice test to check your preparation level before taking the actual exam.
- Followings are the points that you should get while going to take the Google Professional Data Engineer GCP-PDE certification exam:
- It would be best if you came before the exam center’s arrival time with valid identity proof.
- You can reach the testing center’s customer care to take information about the exam’s perquisites or check the official certification page.
- You will be given a cabinet where you can keep your belongings at the test center.
Average Salary of Google Professional Data Engineer
The salary of a Google Cloud Certified Data Engineer is more than a Non-certified Cloud Data Engineer. As per the salary survey, the average annual salary estimate for a Certified Google Professional Cloud Data Engineer is USD 132,900. Candidates should note that the GCP certifications are not comfortable tickets to high-paying jobs.
In this GCP-PDE certification program, you will learn all the skills and get opportunities to practice by working on various assignments and projects. This will help you gain experience and also in preparing for the certification exam.