AWS certifications include Specialty level certifications designed for professionals with having a piece of in-depth and advanced knowledge. AWS Security Specialty exam has been intended for individuals having in-depth experience of security services. AWS SCS-C01 certification provides professionals with the opportunity to enhance their skills and experience and provide you with a reputed position in your company with higher pay.
AWS has introduced advanced certifications to improve skills with the latest updated technologies and services related to the certificate. AWS Security Specialty certification exam wants a good understanding of AWS’s implementation of AWS Security services to provide a secure environment.
AWS SCS-C01 certification is for professionals who perform security roles and improve their knowledge and experience in implementing and creating security solutions for securing AWS. AWS Certified Security - Specialty is intended for individuals who do a security role with a minimum of two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads.
Who Should Take the SCS-C01 Exam?
AWS Certified Security Specialty (SCS-C01) examination is intended for individuals who perform a security role. AWS exam validates an examinee’s ability to demonstrate knowledge about securing the AWS platform effectively. Candidates must have a point of five years of IT security experience, designing and implementing security solutions and at least two years of hands-on experience securing AWS workloads with security controls for workloads on AWS.
After taking this SCS-C01 exam, the candidate will develop the following skills:
- Firstly, A complete knowledge of specialized data classifications and AWS data protection mechanisms.
- An understanding of data-encryption methods and AWS mechanisms to perform them.
- Knowledge of reliable Internet protocols and AWS mechanisms to implement them.
- Fourthly, A working knowledge of AWS security services and services features to provide a secure production environment.
- Subsequently, Competency obtained from two or more years of production deployment experience using AWS security services and features.
- The ability to make tradeoff decisions about cost, security, and deployment complexity is given a set of application requirements.
- Then, An knowledge of security operations and risks.
What Are the Advantages of AWS Security Specialty?
- AWS provides organizations and companies to use programming models, operating systems, and databases.
- In this, all the files will be collected securely and can be accessed easily from anywhere.
- AWS provides access to work with different hybrid abilities, and a large amount of email can be sent over the cloud in AWS.
- Applications in AWS can be deployed in multiple regions very quickly.
- It will help you learn about different AWS tools like Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon IAM, and Amazon RDS.
So, if you want to qualify for the AWS security specialty exam in your first attempt, you have to work hard. The journey to any AWS certification does not present a straightforward way to proof of your expertise. AWS specialty certifications allow you to show why you are better than others. However, there are many other concerns related to AWS certified security specialty exam preparation that you should take into account.
What Does an AWS Security Specialty Do?
AWS Security Specialty takes responsibility for their organizations’ computer-related security, securing company data remains secure and protecting against cyberattacks. Companies hire these professionals to prevent security breaches by examining current systems, researching ever-evolving risks, recommending improvements, and implementing changes.
Specific fallout from security breaches can differ depending on the type of work an organization does. Cyberattacks can generally result in the loss of consumer confidence, sensitive information leaks, network failures, stalled production, and compliance infractions, giving AWS Security Specialty a crucial role in their company’s overall health.
Security analysts spend their days studying the devices in use, analyzing network structure, and testing security measures like firewalls and software permissions. They look for weak points and intend to shore up defenses. They also regularly report to upper administration and may have to present findings and recommendations before management. Security analysts sometimes work with other departments to ensure their colleagues understand the organization’s best practices for information security.
Employers often require AWS Security Specialty candidates to boast prior job experience, potentially through entry-level positions with information security teams or internships completed as part of college studies.
AWS Security Specialty Salary
According to PayScale, AWS Security Specialty with more than nine years of experience earned a median annual salary of $95,841. AWS Security Specialty salary prospects improve as employees gain more specialized risk management skills, security information, event management, cybersecurity, security testing, and auditing.
Location can strongly affect AWS Security Specialty salaries, as well. Those in New York City, Washington, D.C., Seattle, and Columbus earned wages exceeding the national average by as much as 33%.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics predicts a 12% growth nationwide for computer-related occupations from 2018-2028, far outpacing the national average growth rate for all fields. As cloud computing grows every year and cyberattacks evolve, employers need AWS Security Specialty to help keep their companies safe.
Salary also varies widely by industry. Major companies paying AWS Security Specialty well above the national average include the Boeing Company, the Walt Disney Company, and American Express Co, according to PayScale. Aspiring AWS Security Specialty may also find ample opportunities in companies like CACI International Inc, American Electric Power, and IBM.