Things You Should Understand About RHCSA Certification Exam
RHCSA or Red Hat Certified System Administrator exam is designed to test your understanding and skills, which are required as typical in the area of Linux Administration; RHCSA exam is necessary to be qualified before giving next level RHCE or Red Hat Certified Engineer exam; this certification is one of the most Reputed IT certifications; opportunities of getting a good job will be increased after you earn the certificate.
Prerequisites for RHCSA Exam Preparation
First of all, you require to be performed and dedicated before you look for the RHCSA examination. Prepare yourself for at least 3-4 hours per day sitting for studying the exercises. You will be ready to crack the RHCSA exam on the first attempt.
Ensure you possess proper study materials, a good trainer or other training resources, a Minimum Dual Core System with 4 GB ram and storage of 80 GB connected with at least one Ethernet card will be sufficient to perform practices. Make sure that you are connected to the internet.
Although it is expected to have some prior Linux Administration experience before going to give this exam, if you do not have such expertise, even then, you can prepare for the exam.
Tips to Make Your Red Hat System Administrator (RHCSA) Certification Easier
The Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certificate accelerates your career growth by validating your skills…
Still, you will require to go through every exam preparation module very keenly. “Practice and more practice” is the only mantra to crack the certification examination, perform practices of every step, every module again and again.
Why Do You Desire to Go for RHCSA Certification?
RHCSA certification is a valuable IT certification and wants lots of hard work and time; before going for this exam, you must ask yourself, “Why I require to go for this RHCSA certification?” There are specific pros and cons associated with RHCSA; infect every certification has some advantages and limitations.
- Some organizations consider RHCSA mandatory; your CV will become more visible to recruiters after earning the certificate.
- Red Hat gives good preparation material; after going through all of the curriculum modules, you will have a sound understanding of RHEL systems from basics to advanced levels.
- Suppose you are already an experienced person in Linux Administration, even then going through this examination process. In that case, you will improve your confidence level and will be able to validate your skills and expertise.
- Although some other vendors also provide Linux certifications, e.g., LPIC or CompTIA Linux+, RHCSA is the most reputed and recognized certification.
- RHCSA will not solve any hope for fresher; before going for the certification, you must have experience of at least 2–3 yrs.
- Earning an RHCSA certificate is not the Job Guarantee; you have to understand that after you make RHCSA, you will not get golden opportunities in the IT Industry; still, you must work hard.
- RHCSA is not the replacement of experience; although getting RHCSA will show your Linux skills, the recruiter always asks for “what you know “instead of “what you have?”.
- Sometimes you cannot crack the exam on the first attempt, so you have to pay the examination fee again to go for the second attempt; you have to take that risk.
RHCSA Exam Scenario
RHCSA certification is also known as EX200; the duration of this exam is 3 hours. Usually, the candidate has to attend 20 questions of a maximum of 300 marks. Scoring a minimum of 210 out of 300 is deemed qualified. It is necessary to note that every participant will have a different question paper, so getting the clue from a neighbor during the exam will take you to the wrong track. The result of the study will be sent to you by email within seven days.
Validity of RHCSA Certificate
RHCSA certificate is either valid for three years or will be valid until RHEL OS’s new version. With the release of a new version of the working system, you have to upgrade your certificate by examining again.
Cost of RHCSA Certificate
You can divide examination costs into two parts: the amount you pay to Red Hat to appear in the examination and the amount you will spend on your training to prepare for the RHCSA examination. Presently $400 approx.
Common Blunders You Should Avoid in RHCSA Exam
There are some essential things which you have in memory so that you can avoid some common mistakes:
- Do not forget to reboot the system after the completion of every question.
- Always start services and check configuration before you reboot.
- The complete first question in the first attempt before the switch to the next question.
- Do not be in a rush and read every question carefully.
- Do not over attempt or do extra activities; stay focusses.
Since RHCSA is an enterprise-level architecture framework that gives an approach for designing, planning, implementing, and administering an enterprise’s information technology architecture, every company today requires a certified administrator. The continuous functioning of the site will depend on the RHCSA Administrator.